BC JUNIOR 900
BC Junior 900 is the smallest battery charger in the range BC Battery Controller, with a maximum charging current of 0.9 Amp, developed for battery care on motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, snowmobiles and jetskis. Its 8-steps charging algorithm makes it ideal not only for battery recharge and maintenance, but also for the recovery and desulfation of deeply discharged and wear batteries (starting from 1.25 Volts). Moreover, it can be used for the slow charging and maintenance of batteries with a capacity up to 100 Ah, like the ones that are usually mounted on cars.
* Maximum charging current: 0.9 Amp
* 8-steps charging algorithm: initialization, recovery (from 1.25V), soft charge, bulk charge, desulfation, analysis, maintenance and equalization
* Protections: polarity inversion, short circuit, overcharging, overheating. No sparks
* Battery types: 12V lead-acid (traditional, gel, MF, AGM, EFB, VRLA, Ca/Ca…)
* It verifies if the battery is able to retain its charge
Input Voltage: 220÷240V ac, 50-60Hz
Output Voltage: 13.8V/14.4V – nom. 12V
Charging Current: 0.9 A max
Battery Capacity: 1.2 – 100 Ah
Operating Temperature: -20°C – +50°C
Size: 130 x 90 x 53 mm
MOTORCYCLE CHARGING TECHNOLOGY
1. Initialization: the device checks if one or more cells are shorted, in order to verify that the battery is in a proper condition to be recharged/recovered.
2. Recovery: if the battery is deep discharged (battery voltage starting from 1.25 V), the device tries to recover it, taking it back to a higher voltage.
3. Soft Charge: if the battery is in a condition of significant undercharge, the device provides a light pulsing current to the battery, to overcome this critical phase.
4. Bulk Charge: the device provides full current to the battery, recovering about 85-90% of the battery capacity.
5. Desulfation / Absorption: the device provides a “controlled overcharge” to recover the remaining 10-15% of the battery capacity, through the desulfation/recovery the lead-acid cells (for low or medium sulfation).
6. Battery Analysis – End Cycle Test: the device stops providing current to the battery for a short time, in order to verify whether the battery is able to retain the charge received. This test is periodically repeated during the Maintenance.
7. Maintenance: the device keeps the battery in the best charge conditions for very long periods (even months) during which your vehicle is left unused, without any possible drawback (battery overcharge, battery overheating, water and/or electrolyte loss, etc).
8. Equalization: every 30 days during long term maintenance, the device executes an equalization charge in order to balance the battery lead-acid cells, avoiding electrolyte stratification within the cells.
SAFETY AND PROTECTIONS
– No interferences the vehicle’s on board electronics (control unit, ABS, GPS…)
– Protection from output lines short circuit, even for an indefinite time: no sparks!
– Protection from battery polarity inversion
– Protection from battery overcharge/overheating
– Thermal protection from overtemperature
– No need to disconnect the battery from your vehicle
– Very few gas development during the charge: no need to remove the battery plugs
Laboratory Tests ensure the manufacturing of products in conformity to the regulations in force on safety and electro-magnetic compatibility. Norms and Regulations: IEC-61000-3-2(ed.3);am1;am2, IEC-61000-3-3(ed.2) CEI-CISPR14-1(ed.5);am1;am2, CEI-CISPR14-2(ed.1);am1;am2, IEC60335-1(ed.5), IEC-60335-2-29(ed.4);am1;am2.
BATTERY TYPES AND CAPACITY
EQUIPMENT & ADD-ONS
– the battery charger BC JUNIOR 900 for long term battery maintenance, provided with a 220V power cable (2 meters long) and a battery output cable;
– STD2V waterproof battery cable with eyelets, which can be left always installed on board;
– 30AMPPZ battery cable with clamps;
– according to the selected kit, a universal 12/18mm cigar socket adapter may be included;
– a copy of the User Manual.